Welcome Back to the Library! This week we reviewed the rules with our questions in “the hat.”
This is a fun and easy way to go over all those boring rules. In the hat are common questions about the library routine. I pull out a card and we answered each one together.
Each class had a chance to check out books. We have two wonderful new apps to help us find just the right fit book. Literacy Leveler gives us the reading level of a book and Common Sense Media gives us suggestions about the appropriateness of the content of a book.
Just so everyone is on the “proverbial same page” our check out rules are:
* K- one book for one week. If a K student forgets to return their book on their Library day, they can “save” a book to check out when the original book is returned.
* 1—one book for one week (until January when the Bookworm Club begins. At that time it will change to 2 books for 1 week).
* 2—two books for two weeks
* 3—three books for two weeks
* 4—four books for two weeks
* 5—five books for two weeks
* 6—six books for two weeks
Additional books may be checked out for classroom assignments.
Books can be renewed up to 5 times and need not be physically returned to renew. We can do it on the computer.
Here’s to a great 2014-15 school year!